Friday 25 July 2008

The slightly raised eyebrow...

Come to me, let me show you the way to the lighter side of my life. The one who's more joyous, where the excitement grows either in happiness or in absolute fear! Come right in, and don't tell me I didn't warn you, but I'm taking you with me.

(Guided tours might be a cliché, but who said I'm calling this one?)

So I clear myself of all the pressures, the excitement, the pain, and most of all the metaphors I cannot own, clear it away from the everyday eye. My outlets through the in between spaces, of absolute shadow - the shade - the dark following and most of all the one who mimics the 'real' are the areas of absolute comfort. I sail through them, in joy and sheer pleasure, watching the other crumble slowly without even knowing it.

Yes! The perverted remarks, the nasty opening lines, the humoured response, they are all the "other side" as the lame and ignorant call it. The other side? I doubt it, so integrally part of every 'soul', coming out of every living being that even has the slightest of thoughts to survive in this 20 faced world! - So easy...

I see sides to everything, I question the nice guys, I question their values, I question their opinions, for who sets them? Who claims them to be the right of right and not the wrong of wrong? I am not a drawing on one side of the paper! Of course I'm going to have the "other side"!

Getting back to the show. I'm not promising to have the common sense of feeling the lie - the showing of the pseudo for a stranger who probably thrives on it. I ignore it. Or I slap it back, if I know you can take that blow!

The devil of course has a heart, a heart that shows love and that cares. I'm not being sarcastic. The devil's evolved, moved into a space where she tolerates no mask, but doesn't mind being one - where she plays you with a smile, because she knows the end isn't going to be exactly what you wanted - but maybe more, she doesn't promise that easy. Confront her, she will enlighten. Run away, she will chase you more. Ignore her; she'll share a deal with your shadow, before the sun rises.

So play with her, enjoy her, within you and others. The emotions she shares with you from her pockets, are all just you my friend, the obvious – the hidden – the perceived – the forced – and most of all the perfect permutation and combination of all that is exactly you – no frills and no sugar.

So how about you understand my smirk NOW?





p.s. : a part of my creative writing course - title shoot off - "the demon in me"....

2 comments:

Confused Martian said...

Metaphors that you don't own and dimensions that you do! Woe to all those that see you in 2D. There are sentences in here that leap and grab me - pure inspiration. Our signature is still very wet on the deal with the devil - our desires fast turning into perversions. And those perversions sculpt the angel. Here, have an apple :)

arvindiyer said...

When I see, I observe not just the smirk but a lot more meaning behind what the devil has in mind. The evolved devil is really interesting and the thought of the journey with the devil herself is something that I think I would thoroughly enjoy!!! As the confused martian rightfully put it.. here, have an apple:)